About Me

My photo
Within the confines of this blog, you will find bits and pieces of the life and times of myself, my family and friend dear and near., far and wide, few and far between. You will find bits and pieces of my world, tho small to some, but huge to me. You will find everything from 'soup to nuts',; recipes, hobbies,crafts, gardenings,loves of my life, GrandLoves-a-Plenty, and even my pets... Sooo, if you can handle family life, enjoy the tour of my 'Stuffings'.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Stroll with Me

Everything is lush with the heat and rains...
even under the steps~ 
 Honey Mushrooms
 Our 33 yr. old Bridal Wreath
 Wood Violets in purple and yellow
 brilliant Cinnamon Ferns~already 5 ft. tall
 a closer look of the Bridal Wreath
 the last of the Allium and Bleeding Hearts
 Dame's Rockets on the rock pile
 even decayed Maple leaves and new
wings of new Maple seedlings are a beautiful sight.
 Mama Bluebird has her eye on me constantly~
 she doesn't want me too close to her birdhouse
on the corner of the garden...
 the slightest move and she's on guard!
 OK folks of baby Blues, now Pa has his eyes peeled on me too...
his plumage is always brighter while she does the work...
her feathers are ruffled from keeping her young warm~
to be fair, they both take turns feeding, back and forth, 
back and forth.
 The beginning of the Mohican Viburnum~
love these~
 the beginning of the new Spruce cones...
 mid-stream growth...
plump new cones~in the making~
 not sure what kind but this moth caught my eye...
 as well as this spider nest high in the Maple with leaves tucked tight around her nest...my guess, maybe a Wood Spider's nest???
 Finally, confident I mean her family NO harm,
she flies back to her babies.
Thanks for tagging along.  I hope you enjoyed it
as much as I enjoyed your company...
Nature is so much a part of my life and
my family as we learn something new each venture.

Blessings One and All

12 comments:

jack69 said...

I always love to walk with you. I am never able to remember a name more than two pictures. But I enjoy it. Love the beauty you see AND DESCRIBE.
Love from the back lands of San Antonio. We are camped about 35 miles from down town San Antonio.

((HUGS)) to you and our man Bill.

TexWisGirl said...

LOVE the ferns and wood violets! and just the lushness of your surroundings. i miss that about wisconsin...

Paula said...

It seems so different there then here in south Texas. The cold winters must be good for the greenery. I got overheated standing out in the sun today waiting for John to talk to someone about some business papers. Didn't know there wasn't going to be a single shade to stand in.

Cher' Shots said...

Nice strolling with you. How did you like my terra cotta herb pots?! Are you green with envy sister? lol
'love & hugs from afar'

Muffy's Marks said...

Your yard is full of new growth and so very green!! Thanks for giving up the tour!!

Shug said...

So much beauty around you....it's so hot here, and your photos make me want to pack up and move close to you. My bridal wreath is nothing but foliage now. Blooms are all gone.

Jill said...

Thank YOU for taking me on such a beautiful, breathtaking walk around your wonderful place!

Michelle said...

You have some beautiful plants! Love seeing all of that green!

Chatty Crone said...

Okay I told you that you can do everything. I loved strolling with you and seeing your vegetation and you know all the names!! This is all on your grounds! So pretty.

Love, sandie

Lucy said...

You have great scenery. My kind of girl, We don't have that opportunity here.

Dee said...

So much beauty around you.I am glad you see it and share it with us. The blue birds are beautiful. I have always loved them.

imac said...

wow such colour in abundance.