About Me

My photo
Within the confines of this blog, you will find bits and pieces of the life and times of myself, my family and friend dear and near., far and wide, few and far between. You will find bits and pieces of my world, tho small to some, but huge to me. You will find everything from 'soup to nuts',; recipes, hobbies,crafts, gardenings,loves of my life, GrandLoves-a-Plenty, and even my pets... Sooo, if you can handle family life, enjoy the tour of my 'Stuffings'.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Onion Braids, Firewood, Colored Leaves, I smell Fall
Hitchin' a Ride
Wheelbarrow Ridin'

Fall certainly is in the air....the afternoon was spent rolling onions of their dried ground and skins and French braiding them into showy braids for the winter harvest wall...Ben had to hitch a ride with them to the garage but not until we had done a few laps around the yard....a nice warm afternoon...

2 comments:

~mel said...

I love your onion braids. They remind me of Daddy ~ believe it or not he was the one who taught me how to braid onions many moons ago. How the heck did you get Ben to sit still long enough for a wheelbarrow ride? He's such a little spitfire.. always on the move. I just love his curiosity. He reminds me of a little cat. Always checking things over. You're a good Granny ~ teaching the little ones about the little things in life that can give big pleasure; and great memories.

Dar said...

Thanks Mel, Ya know how curious Ben is about Everything, well, that's how he ended up in that wheelbarrow....he followed me to the compost heap to empty the onion scraps and once it was empty, it took nothing but an invite, to get him to crawl in....and did not, under no circumstances, want to get out again...I pushed him around the yard quite a while..LOL...and he giggled the whole time....as for those onions...Papa taught me too...many more moons ago....love those memories....