About Me

My photo
Within the confines of this blog, you will find bits and pieces of the life and times of myself, my family and friend dear and near., far and wide, few and far between. You will find bits and pieces of my world, tho small to some, but huge to me. You will find everything from 'soup to nuts',; recipes, hobbies,crafts, gardenings,loves of my life, GrandLoves-a-Plenty, and even my pets... Sooo, if you can handle family life, enjoy the tour of my 'Stuffings'.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Alas !!!

 Wow, I've been gone a long time from blogging...
but I'm back.  I've missed you.  I've read when I could but have seldom commented.  For that, I'm sorry.
It's good to see a sunrise with you again.  and sunsets.
Both of these were taken out of my windows.
The 1/2 acre garden in the first photo is of our pumpkin/potato/squash/gourd patch.  Last fall we fell hard to a severe hail storm that destroyed all the crops of our 3 gardens.  We do not give up easily.  We already have replanted the pumpkins, 840-some seeds, to be close in count.  We also have 5 -100 ft. rows of potatoes in the ground, Yukons, German Butterballs, Viking Purples,and Pontiac Reds.  We pray for a good year.  There will be a couple rows of squash, Butternut and Buttercups...
Come this fall and help yourselves to the pick of the crop.
There will be a wagon full at a time...and then some.

To keep occupied this spring, however, Bill had planted a little garden in the basement of tomatoes, peppers, cabbages, cauliflower, broccoli, cucumbers, cantaloupe, and more tomatoes, and more tomatoes, tomatoes coming out of our ears....
I started a few flowers, Allysum, Wave Petunia and Flax.

I've missed you all.  Tell me again, what you've been up to.
I shall return...did I say I missed you???

Stay Safe, travel safe with the summer vacationer traffic, and pray for good weather.
                                           \o/
                                            /\

6 comments:

jack69 said...

You guys are such a joy, I know you are busy. I cannot imagine tending to a crop that size. I did cry at the hail damage. I just had some 'bad' grape tomatoes, We are in the mountains hoping for a road side stand for some GREAT FRESH VEGGIES.
YOur garden story makes me want GOOD veggies.

Love and prayers for a great harvest this year. Looking forward to a great pumpkin wagon or display.
Hugs to YOU and Brother Bill!

jack69 said...

PS: Beautiful pictures as usual and the sunrise is a FIRE, gorgeous

George said...

Dars, that is an incredibly huge endeavor. Don't see how you can keep up with it. But keep on gardening.

Chatty Crone said...

You know I think you and your wonderful garden are AWESOME! I can't believe the hard work that it entails to do it - you two are amazing.

E.C. said...

Your gardening talents are amazing.
It's great to see you posting again. I've been on break awhile myself.
I look forward to hearing about the progress of your gardens and seeing lots of photos of them.
:)

Shug said...

Have certainly missed you....glad you are back!! Let me give you a hug! (hug)
weather is so harsh at times....hopefully this will be an easy year for farming and gardening...
hugs again!