About Me

My photo
Within the confines of this blog, you will find bits and pieces of the life and times of myself, my family and friend dear and near., far and wide, few and far between. You will find bits and pieces of my world, tho small to some, but huge to me. You will find everything from 'soup to nuts',; recipes, hobbies,crafts, gardenings,loves of my life, GrandLoves-a-Plenty, and even my pets... Sooo, if you can handle family life, enjoy the tour of my 'Stuffings'.

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Putting Up With It

It's the bright GREEN grass that I want to see.
 I would rather be in my training ground of a garden,
learning to live with the future in mind.
 Instead, we have been bombarded with more of that stuff floating from the sky to the earth, covering us more than knee deep.
 Last weekend, this weekend, today~~~~~
you can see by the kids on the snowbanks,
Sam on his sled below, the guys standing in the foreground,
that it's getting plenty deep., oh, but fun.
 Sam again, playing in the corral...
 and Nate, both loving that we do have snow on the ground this winter.
These two are my nephews, Sam belongs to Mel and Nate to Cher.
They hang around quite a bit~~~oh the stories~~~another time.
 And more cousins, Sy, Sean, Noah and Ben, sliding down the snowbank and watching out for the snowmobiles, wondering if they are going to get a short ride around the field~~~nope, too cold.
Just another taste of our long winter fun and weather.
Thanks for putting up with it like we have to.
Blessings

15 comments:

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

At least there is a snowmobile in your neighborhood.
We have 4-6 inches on the ground and another 6 - 12 is coming Monday-Tuesday!

jack69 said...

There are some tough dudes. Maybe this is the last one we will turn on the fan and send this 80 degrees that way...
You post some pretty pictures, but I know it is cold. Stay warm. ((HUGS))
Sherry & jack

Bonnie K said...

At least the kids are having fun with it. It is snowing here too.

Michelle said...

We haven't had much snow this season, but I think we are all ready for some spring weather!

Chatty Crone said...

Now that is a lot of snow - but when it melts - picture this - it will get your ground ready or more ready to garden - right?

Chatty Crone said...

Now that is a lot of snow - but when it melts - picture this - it will get your ground ready or more ready to garden - right?

Unknown said...

"Dars Stuffings" has been included in the A Sunday Drive for this week. Be assured that I hope this helps to point even more new visitors in your direction.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2013/02/a-sunday-drive_24.html

Muffy's Marks said...

Oh well, at least there are a few who love all the snow!!!

~mel said...

We do know how to PUT UP WITH IT!

Sunny said...

Nice photos, Dar. You almost make me long for my home in PA.... almost :)

Winderly-Winderly said...

From TX it all looks like eye candy. I miss the seasons, but never had to weather what you folk do. Even growing up in New England. I'm eager for spring too down here and we haven't even had any snow! Hang in there.

Dee said...

Snow is beautiful and fun to play in but to much of a good thing can get to you. We have another big snow coming to Michigan tomorrow afternoon. :-/

E.C. said...

Beautiful and so cold. Your photos are gorgeous.
We've barely gotten a smidgen of snow so far and I'm ready to call winter quits. lol
Keep warm. :)

imac said...

Great snow shots, but don't send it over here,lol

CherShots said...

Snowmobiling is also great for businesses in the North. Nice to see all the boys having fun.
'love & hugs from afar'