About Me

My photo
Within the confines of this blog, you will find bits and pieces of the life and times of myself, my family and friend dear and near., far and wide, few and far between. You will find bits and pieces of my world, tho small to some, but huge to me. You will find everything from 'soup to nuts',; recipes, hobbies,crafts, gardenings,loves of my life, GrandLoves-a-Plenty, and even my pets... Sooo, if you can handle family life, enjoy the tour of my 'Stuffings'.

Monday, February 27, 2012

More Forecast

I took a drive at six-thirty this morning,
to the east, then down the hill to the south,
turned by the opened gate, thus
turning west, winding my way up and down
the hills and around another curve to the south again,
finally arriving here.

The snow is quite deep in the woods
and on the deck and benches.
I need to return with a less-broken shovel~~~
to lighten the load of snow already covering everywhere~~
Before, yes, before the Big storm arrives with it's
wet double-digit amounts of winter's Feb. blast.

My Man has plowed the roads wide to make room
for it's coming. It always happens this time of the year,
for what would the end of month two and the beginning
of month three be, without one last dangerously heavy
snowstorm. All of my northern family and friends are very aware.
So, out with the shovels, to warm the handle and
begin the practice. It's coming. It will be here by
midweek for us. We await it's fury. Then the
BIG shovels come forth to scoop and throw.

Stay Safe and Warm
We particularly wait for the warmth of the south
to blow northward after the storm to melt our snow into the ground.
It will replenish the soil so the gardens grow strong.
I will share my winter whites for your spring greens.
Any time.

BlessYourHeart

10 comments:

Paula said...

I can almost feel the quiet from here. It is beautiful but I hope your cell phone works well away out there.

Cher' Shots said...

Yes its a coming ~ been snowing off and on here for the past few days, but they say the big one is a coming!
Put your shoveling clothes on!
'love & hugs from afar'

Clint Baker said...

Looks like you got little powdering! lol

George said...

Dar, we have not had a BIG one here this year. Hardly any little ones either. Have not missed them at all. The early flowers are starting, so spring will soon be gone far too quickly. Hope the BIG one is beautiful and without hardships.

~mel said...

Let it snow! Let it snow! LET IT SNOW!!

TexWisGirl said...

i hope you are able to keep power!

Anonymous said...

Good luck weathering it out--at least we've got fair warning!

Jill said...

What a beautiful, serence spot in the woods! I would love to be there with a fire going.

The 'big snow' is going to miss us again. You be safe, Dar! *HUGS*

imac said...

Good show of snow, with fab shots.

jack69 said...

I know there must be such a thing of too much good stuff. Or would be for me. But the cabin looks so inviting, undesturbed and peaceful. soon, maybe soon you will truly enjoy the place of solitude again without the work of snow shoveling!!!
Take care of yourself.
Love fromdown here!!!