About Me

My photo
Within the confines of this blog, you will find bits and pieces of the life and times of myself, my family and friend dear and near., far and wide, few and far between. You will find bits and pieces of my world, tho small to some, but huge to me. You will find everything from 'soup to nuts',; recipes, hobbies,crafts, gardenings,loves of my life, GrandLoves-a-Plenty, and even my pets... Sooo, if you can handle family life, enjoy the tour of my 'Stuffings'.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Bittersweet Time

The fall of the year is upon us
as we see the deer gazing~
past the garden full of ripening tomatoes
looking directly at me~
knowing full well, that I was following her
through the lens of my camera~
Perhaps the dying old oak tree
will provide a bit more shelter from my sight, she thinks~
Passing the goldenrod and the sunny flowers
that bow to the ground from the wind~
as the last of the roses perfume the yard
near the barn~
beyond the cold white of the zebra grasses that
soon will be white with frost and then
~'snow'~
a blanket to protect~
The past weeks have been troubling and difficult.
The fall of the year is bittersweet~
Pray for peace.
Pray for peace.


BlessYourHearts

7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

amen.

Paula said...

Beautiful entry!

Anonymous said...

A lovely post.

Jill said...

Beautiful post and pictures.

Yes, pray for peace.

jack69 said...

I have a grandson who would say: "SWEET!"

We pray today goes smoothly.

Beautiful pictures.

Yes:
Pray for Peace.

Suz said...

What is peace
the only peace that is for certain
is the peace that passes all understanding
I pray for continued safety
for our country...

Cher' Shots said...

Happy Birthday to your DH.
'love & hugs from afar'