About Me

My photo
Within the confines of this blog, you will find bits and pieces of the life and times of myself, my family and friend dear and near., far and wide, few and far between. You will find bits and pieces of my world, tho small to some, but huge to me. You will find everything from 'soup to nuts',; recipes, hobbies,crafts, gardenings,loves of my life, GrandLoves-a-Plenty, and even my pets... Sooo, if you can handle family life, enjoy the tour of my 'Stuffings'.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Only Sunshine!

The only sunshine I am seeing this morning, is in my archives. Until spring arrives here in the northwoods of WI, we have to patiently search for every bit of sunshine we can muster. Today, mine comes from the past. The sunflower was from about 15 yrs. ago. Isn't she a beauty reaching nearly 20 ft. in the air.
The little fawn rested under the rhubarb leaves, thinking she was hidden. She too, is from many years past. This picture was taken by my Mothers little 110 camera while we were on a MN. fishing trip and Mom was tending the kids and the farm. Bless her heart.
These next two pictures are just because I am yearning lambing seasons gone by. The farm raised many a lamb. They are so darned cute.
What's for breakfast? The lambs are having alfalfa hay. I'm having a spinach, bacon & onion, tomato & cheddar filled omelet, steaming hot coffee and an apple. Yum Yum
What are ' ewe ' having?

Thanks for coming and
BlessYourHeart

14 comments:

Darla said...

Beautiful sunflower....how cute is that fawn....soon Dar, soon you will have plenty of sunshine...did you catch my last comment on your last post?

Dar said...

Re: Darla, Yuppers! Did you catch mine on Yours? A little fun blog-tag going on here...LOL
BlessYourHeart

TexWisGirl said...

well, at least you have these beauties in your archives to remind you spring will come... :)

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Love that big sunflower Dar. Ours never grow that big here in Mississippi. Love all the farm critters.

VS said...

HI Dar,
I LOVE your huge sunflower!!! It makes me smile...& the little lambs, soooo sweet. My shop name was Lambs & Ivy, so I adore everything lamb!
Hugs & Hopes for the comin spring & some SUNSHINE!!
Susie

TexWisGirl said...

i sure wish you had your email 'public' so i could respond to your comments that way. you cracked me up on the M R Ducks!!! :)

Louise said...

Yup, you find Spring wherever you can. You have done a great job of it. I was very uncreative for breakfast today -- a banana and a bowl of cereal.

Remington said...

Great shots! I wish spring would hurry up....I hear Mr. Winter may be coming by here for a visit....

Buttons Thoughts said...

Dar I would love to have your breakfast I had a bowl of cold cereal. Nice sunflower. B

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hey Girlie, I used to have a little framed needlepoint project hanging on the wall in my office. It was perfect for ME...

It was the picture of a sheep and the saying under it was: "Ewe's Not Fat; Ewe's Fluffy".......

Cute, huh?
Hugs,
Betsy

Fred Alton said...

It's just amazing what a few pictures can do on a cold blustery day in winter! Your sunflower was a gorgeous one. I've had a few computer problems here for the last two months - but hopefully I'm back now. Hopefully! ☺

Cher' Shots said...

I remember that sunflower! And I remember lambing time at the farm. Mom and Dad lost some sleep during lambing time because they were so great about making sure all the deliveries went without problems, and if assistance was needed they were right there. Such memories!
'love & hugs from afar'

jp@A Green Ridge said...

What beautiful pix, Dar! Nice to meet you...:)JP

Lucy said...

Dar, when does true spring weather really start there?? It must seem like a long winter. You did it again. That breakfast is my kind of breakfast and here I am with cereal.