About Me

My photo
Within the confines of this blog, you will find bits and pieces of the life and times of myself, my family and friend dear and near., far and wide, few and far between. You will find bits and pieces of my world, tho small to some, but huge to me. You will find everything from 'soup to nuts',; recipes, hobbies,crafts, gardenings,loves of my life, GrandLoves-a-Plenty, and even my pets... Sooo, if you can handle family life, enjoy the tour of my 'Stuffings'.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Silence Is Necessary


THERE IS SO MUCH GOOD IN THE WORST OF US,
AND SO MUCH BAD IN THE BEST OF US,
THAT IT HARDLY BECOMES ANY OF US
TO TALK ABOUT THE REST OF US.
~~Anonymous


This poem was once in our church bulletin years ago and has since been on my refrigerator. I do my best to live by it.
I wonder why the holidays sometimes bring out the worse in some. I'm hurt by insensitivity. Before opening mouth and inserting foot, one should consider walking in anothers shoes.

Dinner was delicious but soured with disrespect.

No more will be said, but I'm thinking of canceling Christmas. We will go to church alone and pray for the brazen rather than the lashed. What is ironic about this whole attitude thing is, the lashed is very happy.

If that split second of being hurtful were repeated, I surely would have pointed out the poem in defense, rather than remaining silent to keep from blowing up in my own home.

What am I thankful for?~~~my restraint
and folks like you who listen to a frustrated ol' gal.

I do hope you all have had a wonderful, stress-free Thanksgiving.

BlessYourHearts

9 comments:

Cher' Shots said...

Sorry to hear that anyone, or anything would upset your day, let alone on Thanksgiving. I've mastered the artistry of tongue biting several years ago. Prayer goes a long ways ~ hugs from afar.
love ya!

jack69 said...

Love ya! Yep, one nasty comment can sure ruin your day. Problem is somefolk never know they hurt you, they just go on their merry way, to step on someone else.

And then sometime it is a moment of stupidity of someone very dear. Silence is good, keeping the peace is good, Love is good and thou my dear are a good one.

Love from down South.
Tomorrow WILL be better.

Darcie said...

((((((Hugs)))))

vintage girl at heart said...

Times are so different and yes disrespect is so rampant!!
Sometimes it is from the very ones you tend to do the most for!
Sorry your day was ruined in this way..Prayer does help..and your post below about silence..so very true. I am learning more every day to enjoy these times of absolute peacefulness!
Blessings Sweet Lady!

Darla said...

So sorry..self control is a good thing to be thankful for..

Anonymous said...

I can relate...it is sad that some people choose to hurt others with their words. I hope the rest of your weekend is stress-free.

crochet lady said...

Oh dear, sorry to hear your day was less than happy. Restraint is a good thing. Once words are said they can never be taken back.

Hope peace can be found.

Fred Alton said...

You are the kind of people we need more of in the world. Give me those "tongue-biters" over those "back-biters" everytime. Heard a good sermon on that once, called "The Most Un-ruly Church Member". Yes, you guessed it. The tongue. James said no man can tame it. You did the best thing.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

So sorry, Dar.... Hope by now, you have worked through the situation... We humans love each other --but we can also be terribly mean to each other at times...

How sad on Thanksgiving...
Hugs,
Betsy