About Me

My photo
Within the confines of this blog, you will find bits and pieces of the life and times of myself, my family and friend dear and near., far and wide, few and far between. You will find bits and pieces of my world, tho small to some, but huge to me. You will find everything from 'soup to nuts',; recipes, hobbies,crafts, gardenings,loves of my life, GrandLoves-a-Plenty, and even my pets... Sooo, if you can handle family life, enjoy the tour of my 'Stuffings'.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Rib Night

Don't you just love Rib Night?
I had forgotten completely, to defrost meat for supper last night, so what could be made lickety-split.....hmmmmm....I know, Pork Loin Country Style Ribs.
Please don't ask for this delectable, lip-smacking recipe because there is no way I could even duplicate these sweet, aromatic, lavish and tender to the fork, finger-lickin' ribs., but you can sure bet that I will try. That's why I took a picture of these homemade ingredients. They include my Tomato Basil Sauce and the Apple Jelly, combined with Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce. My memory is not as sharp as it used to be so photo memory has become a blessing.
To do these ribs in a snap, with your favorite sauce, even from frozen, I zapped them in the microwave for 3 min. just to separate them, put them into a pot of boiling water, added salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and a bayleaf. Let them boil for at least 35-40 minutes or until near done and tender.
Remove the ribs from the broth, place on a sheet of foil that has been sprayed with oil so they do not stick during cooking.
Slather with half of the sauce.
Bake or grill for an additional 15 min.
Turn, adding the rest of your favorite sauce. Cook another 5-10 min.

Eat with a warning! These are quick, but deadly to the tastebuds. They are
that good! Please enjoy with a side dish so you don't eat all of them by yourself.

Now, go out and buy some thick Pork Loin Country Style Ribs and have a rib night.
Say your prayers and enjoy!
BlessYourHeart

10 comments:

imac said...

I love ribs,one of my fav dish when going out for a meal.mmmmmm.

Lucy said...

I love ribs and I love the looks of that sauce. I also like the way you improvise by quickening the time to compensate for the freezing. I also like ribs just seasoned and baked. That is how my mother did it when we butchered a hog. Of course it was on a wood cook stove.

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

I am praying that you are inviting me over for dinner! Yumm! Those look so good! I had to laugh though cause you cook like me. I can never remember what I put in some of my "inventions".

Anonymous said...

If I could eat my desktop right now I would. That looks absolutely tasty.

quiltmom anna said...

Looks yummy Dar- what a smart idea to photograph the ingredients so you know what you used to make such a delicious meal...
Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Regards,
Anna

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I'm not much on ribs, but I would surely eat YOURS.... Sounds wonderful... Where in the world do you get nice looking and tasty tomatoes this time of year???? I hate tomatoes until the summer ones come in... George eats those little cherry tomatoes --but I don't eat tomatoes at all until summer....

You must be a fabulous cook!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Dar said...

Thank You all for coming and making my head swell with pride...I love to cook, when I'm in the mood, but I do as my Mom has all her life, Cook from the seat of my pants. RARELY do I use a recipe or measure a thing...I'm always amazed we eat so good.
Bless All Of You and Have A WONDERFUL Weekend
I'm Gonna

Dee said...

It's breakfast time here, but boy do I wish I had some of your yummy foodies. Wow! I bet they were delicious.

Wishing you a fabulous weekend!
:)

Suburban Girl said...

Mmmmmm, yum. We love ribs!

Dianna said...

Yummy! These ribs look SO good! Strong Heart loves good ribs...I'll have to try this method of fixing them. Do you have a recipe for your tomato basil sauce?

Thanks for sharing.