I say they are 'following suit' because they now do what Bill and I used to do when we had the kids all at home yet. It seems that our lives have gotten so busy with, God knows what, that we have put the fun aside for years.
They now do the camping, fishing, swimming, hiking, biking, card tournaments from one campsite to another when it's raining, waterskiing, horseshoes, jet skiing, identifying plants and mushrooms, birds and fish, with their kids like we did with them.
Oh the fun times we would have while camping under the stars, from our campers and tents, or just sleeping on the top of a picnic table...that's roughing it. It was great family time that we all enjoyed. It's great to see all of them following by example how to connect with their kids in a most educational but fun way. I always felt bad for the kid that never got to camp. We had taken many of their friends along throughout the years. Sometimes it even meant setting up camp at the county fair grounds while our daughter stayed with her horse and competed in various events.
I'd say that it is getting on 'time' we do it all again. They say that what goes around, comes around....in this case, from childhood to adulthood, back to childhood again. I'm ready to be a kid again.
Bill will be retiring one of these years and I think I need to start now, to convince him to get another self-contained camper or motorhome like we had before, so we can join our kids and his brother at the campground. Time to 'Wet a Line' and catch our own walleye and panfish again. That's what it's all about, right?...becoming Fishers of Men (and one gal).
Now, to list 10 things I love, awarded to me by a dear blog friend from The White Farmhouse.........
1. I love when my adult kids put their heads on my shoulder and say, "MOM"...and I Know what they are thinking.
2. I love that the rains have started to water our lands after this 7-yr. drought.
3. I love the time I get to spend with my sisters and Mom just walking around each others yards and smelling the roses and admiring what we have grown.
4. I Love that I can truthfully say, I love each and every one of our kids and
GrandLoves the same but still individually for what they have all become.
5. I love that I am a Christian, taught by my Christian parents that God is our
only salvation. I am not afraid.
6. I love when one of my GrandLoves always says, "It's too early!", to just about
everything you ask him. He is only 2.
7. I love that another of my GrandLoves Loves only my homemade Apple Butter on his PB&J bread.
8. I love getting my hands dirty in my gardens. It's where I 'loose myself'.
9. I Love my life. It's pure and simple.
10. I Love my family, friends and fellow Christians, and of course, all of you who
take the time to read my jibberish.
This is where there is room for more.........
I'd be lying, if I didn't add that I Love to eat good food, make good food, and grow good food. There is always room for seconds. LOL
Reading back on my loves, you would think I was a sentimental old slobbery family gal, and you'd be right. So...what are your 10 Loves?
Have a great weekend.
Bless Your Hearts