About Me

My photo
Within the confines of this blog, you will find bits and pieces of the life and times of myself, my family and friend dear and near., far and wide, few and far between. You will find bits and pieces of my world, tho small to some, but huge to me. You will find everything from 'soup to nuts',; recipes, hobbies,crafts, gardenings,loves of my life, GrandLoves-a-Plenty, and even my pets... Sooo, if you can handle family life, enjoy the tour of my 'Stuffings'.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Chocolate Dump Cake, alias, Crazy Cake

How's this to start your day?OK, so you caught me Jack and Paula. Just as I sit down to read comments from yesterdays entry, you have to go and mention this cake I am happily devouring. And , let me admit, It IS Lip-smacking De-lish!!!! I almost feel guilty for eating it in front of you. I guess, the very least I can do, is to share the recipe with you. Let me fore-warn you, however, this should not be eaten alone, for fear of seconds or even thirds.

Chocolate Dump Cake, alias, Crazy Cake

Dump all of the following ingredients into an ungreased 9x13 cake pan. I sift them into the pan.

2 Cups sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
3 Cups flour
6 Tblsp. cocoa powder

Mix well.

Make 3 wells or holes in flour mixture.
In one well, put 2 Tblsp. vinegar
in another, put 2 tsp. vanilla
in 3rd well, put scant 2/3 Cup of salad oil.

Pour over all of this, 2 Cups of cold water

Mix thoroughly in the pan with a fork or spoon. I use a fork.

Bake at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes. The cake is done if a knife or toothpick inserted in center, comes out clean.

I had a half a can of cheater frosting left (The stuff in the can from the store), that I thinned with a wee bit of milk to glaze the cake with while still slightly warm.
Eat and smack those lips, lick the fork clean, and wash down with a hot cup of brew.
There you have it! My guilt-free breakfast today. I know, shame on me, but the banana just was not fitting the bill this morning. Come on, you know you've done the same a time or two.
Have a guilt-free day.
LoveYaAll

19 comments:

Darla said...

I just ate a handful of peanut m&m's..if I hadn't I would be in the kitchen making this cake right now!

Anonymous said...

That looks real moist and wish I had some.

Unknown said...

The freshness is so beautifully captured in the first image. Simply Irresistible...Thomas

Dianna said...

SO, I'm just sitting here at the computer, Dar, and thinking, "hmmm...wish I had a new goodie recipe to make for Strong Heart today. It needs to be something chocolate"...and two minutes later I find you've done a post with the recipe for this chocolate dump cake! Thank you so very much! Just saved me a lot of searching through recipe books!

Have a great day!

GardenOfDaisies said...

Your dump cake looks yummy!! And easy to prepare, which I love! I will admit to eating a slice of pie for breakfast on a few occasions. :-)

Betsy Banks Adams said...

That cake looks fabulous Dar..... I have made one similar in past--but it's been a long time since I have made a cake at all... The problem for me is that "I" would eat it!!!!! ha

Thanks!
Hugs,
Betsy

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

You know I was going to hint at you leaking out this recipe yesterday. It looks awesome! I am going to have to try this out. The vinegar intrigues me. I won't tell anyone until after they have tried it! Thanks so much for the recipe!

Lucy said...

My daughter made dump cake and it was so good. My daughter in law made dirt cake in a coffee can. I had no idea it would be good but it was. I am not to adventuresome. I will be back and copy that recipie.

Mari said...

Thanks for stopping by Dar today. I learned this recipe when I was in High School from a lady I used to babysit. It was my favorite. But she called it Lazy Woman Cake. LOL. It looks awesome...but of course, most anything chocolate is awesome. Have a great day!

Cher' Shots said...

I call that "Aunt Eunice Cake" Did you get your recipe from her too? My absolute favorite chocolate cake ~ well, that and "Teddy Cake" run neck and neck.

imac said...

Mouthwatering.

Jacquelyn Stager said...

That is definitely the craziest recipe I've ever seen! (except for your previous concoction to get your day GOing! LOL! ) If I didn't have a physical scheduled for 1st thing in the morning, I'd be out there in the kitchen trying this out! I have a feeling when the doc gets done with me tomorrow, I may not be ALLOWED to enjoy this...what's a girl to do?
HA!

deb said...

YUMMO!! This is a keeper. Thanks for sharing
*hugs*deb

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Dar: I must say that is really tasty looking, chocolate on chocolate.

Paula said...

I could eat a couple of pieces of this cake for breakfast and not even look back. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.

Dar said...

The last piece of this cake teased and tantalized me all the live-long day. I'm practically breaking my arm tho, patting myself on the back for RESISTING the temptation.

jack69 said...

I knowed it, I just KNOWED IT! I turned on the printer as soon as I saw the blog entry title. She is reading the recipe as I type. There she has that 'Hey this looks great' smile and I am going to take credit for finding it.

She has not read the entry yet, so shut up about how good it is. hahahahahahahahah.
I have lost two comments so here goes again!!!!

Lov e from NC

Dianna said...

Dar, thank you so much for stopping by with such a heartfelt note of encouragement.

I wondered if Mel might have fibro from a comment she made a while back. I really do pretty well until I pull stunts like I did on Tuesday. You can bet that I won't be doing that again!

I'm sorry you suffer so with your back. Wish there was something I could do to help.

I do wish I could take Aleeve or Ibuprofen, but because heart disease runs in my family the doctors prefer I use only Tylenol.

Have to tell you that my hubby LOVED the chocolate dump cake! And I didn't even have any icing on it. So I know he really liked it...his comment was how moist it is. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Anonymous said...

My family would love this...thanks for sharing this recipe. :)