About Me

My photo
Within the confines of this blog, you will find bits and pieces of the life and times of myself, my family and friend dear and near., far and wide, few and far between. You will find bits and pieces of my world, tho small to some, but huge to me. You will find everything from 'soup to nuts',; recipes, hobbies,crafts, gardenings,loves of my life, GrandLoves-a-Plenty, and even my pets... Sooo, if you can handle family life, enjoy the tour of my 'Stuffings'.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

'In a Second'

Grandpapa with our babygrand Megan...

'In a Second'...we say it all the time but what does it mean to you today?


A week ago this morning, in a second, meant, to drop what I was doing and take my hubby to the hospital...turns out that the onion sandwich which he was claiming to give him heartburn since 8 the night before, meant he was actually having a heart attack. It lasted all night and until 10 a.m. After being airlifted to a major hospital 50 min. away by flight, he was taken to the cath lab immediately and 3 stents replaced the 5 inch blood clot that blocked his artery 100%. No wonder he was in such agony...and thank God for helping him hold on until he was convinced he had more than heartburn going on...

Four days later, he went through 2 more stents to open his 80% and 95% blocks...oh, my blessed hubby...who promises me he will pay more attention to his symptoms and not be so stubborn about getting help...

We thank God he is home again and doing well.....

He is stubborn tho but what man isn't.....why is they all think they are so tough...???


If he doesn't slow down, I hear 'duct tape' works...

5 comments:

Cher' Shots said...

Prayers continue for his recovery and your patience. LOL

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Dad's doing better. yep, Duct tpe him if he won't listen. It works wonders . LOL Love ya Mom. Love ya Dad. :)

Darcie

the Baitlady said...

Good to have Bill back home. I know first hand what it's like ~ and you both will get through this. If Slim and I can without killing each other so can you and Bill. I think the hardest part of that kind of recovery is the fact that you now "feel good" verses what you felt before the surgery and it's just too easy to over do it. So slow it down a bit Bill!!! (and Dar) Let your kids cater to you for once instead of you catering to them. Life's too short and your golden years are ahead of you and it sure would be nice to have you around to enjoy them.

and Bill... if you wanted to be like me there are other ways of doing it ... you didn't have to go to such extremes. You could have just let your hair grow long and dyed it blonde. Love ya and glad you pulled through this!

Dee said...

Hugs to you & Bill!
I'm so sad to hear of Bill's heart surgeries. I can imagine how horrid it must be going through something like that (for you both) I pray he'll be back on his feet soon. Bless his heart. and Bless your heart too, my friend.

My positive healing thoughts and prayers are with you both!
(((hugs)))

Dar said...

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers...boy, prayer sure works, doesn't it? Bill is already feeling so much better, but like you said Mel, he has a tendancy to overdo BECAUSE he is feeling better...he is, however, finding out that he MUST move a bit slower, at least for now...God has sure blessed us both...and Mel, I told him what you said and he smiled at the going blonde with long hair...LOL...you have been such a needed laugh today...thanks
love to everyone of my loved readers...that includes you and you and you and you and the rest of you too