About Me

My photo
Within the confines of this blog, you will find bits and pieces of the life and times of myself, my family and friend dear and near., far and wide, few and far between. You will find bits and pieces of my world, tho small to some, but huge to me. You will find everything from 'soup to nuts',; recipes, hobbies,crafts, gardenings,loves of my life, GrandLoves-a-Plenty, and even my pets... Sooo, if you can handle family life, enjoy the tour of my 'Stuffings'.

Friday, August 7, 2009

Dreary Day Project...




S
Syrus' Gourdy





Here Kitty Kitty
My grandson and I had 'work' to do cause it was just toooo cold to swim...
these are painted on dried gourds from my brothers last years garden...

3 comments:

the Baitlady said...

Syrus... you are such a great artist!!! I'll have to get you over here to paint my office one of these days. I love the blue color you used. I just painted a gourd the other day that same color... maybe a shade darker. I guess great minds think alike.

Grandma Dar... your kitty is to meow for!!

Dee said...

Now that's what I call some seriously fun and artistic gourds. I love crafts shared with the grandbabes. It's so fulfilling and brings such wonderful moments to treasure! :)

Thanks for sharing these. Sweet! ;)

Dar said...

these were so much fun to do. Syrus wants to turn his into a birdhouse so his daddy will cut the open mouth out for that purpose. We had a family of house wrens raised in another this year and it was always a laugh when we went for the mail. Mamma wren would flit from one branch to another scoulding us as we passed her 'gourd-gious' estate...all full of mold yet...we promised her we would paint her house when she flies south...she will have a beautiful new home in the spring....
the Kitty is left as a rattle...tho part of his tail got bit off by Ben just yesterday...LOL
Have a great day