About Me

My photo
Within the confines of this blog, you will find bits and pieces of the life and times of myself, my family and friend dear and near., far and wide, few and far between. You will find bits and pieces of my world, tho small to some, but huge to me. You will find everything from 'soup to nuts',; recipes, hobbies,crafts, gardenings,loves of my life, GrandLoves-a-Plenty, and even my pets... Sooo, if you can handle family life, enjoy the tour of my 'Stuffings'.

Monday, May 13, 2013

' OutStanding'

We have been Very patient waiting for our weather to warm, and the snow to ' just stop, already,' but it has not stopped Bill from gettin' er' done!  He was in the storage shed working on the lawn mower when intermittent snow showers fell this weekend.  I could barely see 3 of the grandboys helping out.

The weather has also NOT stopped my guy from working outside.  He is 
'outstanding' in his field, with a rake and a shovel, removing potato-size rocks.  So far he has hauled away 3 dump trailer loads...big trailer loads.
It gives him something to do, I suppose, while waiting for the ground to finally warm enough for planting.  This year, in our little 1/2 acre that's plowed along the edge of the field, we will be planting Pumpkins, Decorative Gourds, Indian Corn, Squash and Potatoes.  Let's hope for a great growing season...because we are beginning to run out of growing days in our Zone 3 gardens.  With luck and a radio, maybe the deer that are munching away behind the tractor, will leave the garden alone.
I think we will have to spray the edge with blood meal.  So far, that trick has kept the deer from eating my Hostas and Lilies for the past 2 yrs.  so it sure should work around the gardens.  Time will tell.

I'd like to wish each of you gardeners a productive growing season with just the right amount of warm rain and plenty of sunshine.  And, also for you, no deer, bunnies or mice eating your labor intensive produce.  Definitely, NO late or early killing frosts!

Have a wonderful week filled with dirt under your nails and on your knees, sweat on your brow and a handy drink of water.

Awwww, Life Is Good
Thanks God
Blessings One and All

8 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

What is blood meal? Where do the rocks come from - I'm sure he has looked before - they just must be in the ground and come up. I hope seriously it stops with the snow - it's getting to be a bit late for that. Love, sandie

jack69 said...

Love a positive lady. Good pictures even the snow, how that is the last for you guys. My daddy who was raised on a farm the oldest of 9 boys, declared up and down that rocks grew! Having to clear the fields every year.
Love to Bill (and YOU) who will keep up the work no matter what.
The best to you guys when you decide to have Spring...
((HUGS)) love to all!

Paula said...

I'm glad you didn't wish me anymore chigger bites. Thanks!

Leigh said...

That's amazing. And zone 3 sounds like a real challenge! Here's hoping it's a great year for growing gardens.

E.C. said...

Love the photo. It reminds of a quilt I saw one time of a farmer out standing in his field. Truly your hubby is outstanding in his field. Sweet!
I hope the warm days have finally arrive in your neck of the woods and you all can get your seeds planted soon.
Thanks for the Blood meal idea. I hadn't heard of it before and it sounds like a handy and safe way to deter the big hungry beauties.

Wishing you a lovely week.
:)

Dee said...

I can not believe you are still getting snow and cold....very strange, but you have a good attitude as does your hubby.

Cher' Shots said...

I planted peas, garlic and potatoes today. Need to give the rest of the raised beds a healthy dose of manure and we'll be all ready for planting ... at the end of the month. We don't push it too soon, one never knows when the next snowflake will fall.
Hopefully that nonsense is done.
'love & hugs from afar'

Brianna S said...

Niice share