About Me

My photo
Within the confines of this blog, you will find bits and pieces of the life and times of myself, my family and friend dear and near., far and wide, few and far between. You will find bits and pieces of my world, tho small to some, but huge to me. You will find everything from 'soup to nuts',; recipes, hobbies,crafts, gardenings,loves of my life, GrandLoves-a-Plenty, and even my pets... Sooo, if you can handle family life, enjoy the tour of my 'Stuffings'.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Floss-Silk Tree

I turn the page of my daily 
Finding GOD in the GARDEN Calendar, and today
it tells me about being useful.
this and all photos in this entry are from the internet
 The Floss-Silk tree grows in Brazil and Argentina mainly, besides other more tropical regions.  The tree is loaded with magnolia-type blooms that turn into huge pods, or the fruit of the tree.  When ripe, the fruits burst open to reveal a silky floss used to stuff upholstery  like cushions and pillows.  The fluff reminds me of the seeds within a Milkweed pod.
 Beware, however, as the trunk of the Floss-Silk Tree is studded with sharp thorns that fall off as the tree ages.

We, or at least I, should hope to be like these trees, full of usefulness, becoming softer and more approachable as time passes.
So, as the Good Book reads:
Stay away from complaining and arguing, so that no one can speak a word of blame against you.  You are to live clean, innocent lives as children of God in a dark world full of crooked and perverse people.  
Philippians 2:14-15 NLT
 (New Living Translation of the Bible)

It's a hard act to follow but I will do my best.  God commands it of me.
BlessYa

8 comments:

imac said...

Great photos my friend

Muffy's Marks said...

Me too!!! Love today's photos and descriptions of the trees and blooms!!

Paula said...

Pretty flowers and I like the bible verse.

Dee said...

I also hope all my thorns fall off in my aging.... something to think about :)

Michelle said...

Pretty blooms and what a cool tree!

jack69 said...

SWEET ENTRY from start to finish.BUT That is a mean looking tree trunk!
I wonder do they spin that silky stuff, or does it have fibre.
Anyway, methinks you do well at following the scripture.

Love ya and (((HUGS)))
Sherry & Jack

Chatty Crone said...

Okay girl - I LOVE this piece. I say love it and I hope I soften with age too. sandie

E.C. said...

Never heard of it. That there is one amazing tree. Imagine the excitement of first folks discovering the tree and being able to make textiles from it. I bet it was a blessing to them. Boy, I never seen such a prickly bark before. Wow! Thanks for sharing. I learned something. Cool!