About Me

My photo
Within the confines of this blog, you will find bits and pieces of the life and times of myself, my family and friend dear and near., far and wide, few and far between. You will find bits and pieces of my world, tho small to some, but huge to me. You will find everything from 'soup to nuts',; recipes, hobbies,crafts, gardenings,loves of my life, GrandLoves-a-Plenty, and even my pets... Sooo, if you can handle family life, enjoy the tour of my 'Stuffings'.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Slow But Sure

Though the leaves on the Sugar Maples are slowly opening, 
Spring is definitely on it's way to show off for us.
 The Red Admirals have been busy finding sweet drinks from the stump of a maple that had blown over in a spring storm.  Cutting is down for firewood had also supplied sustenance for the butterflies and other insects of the forest.  Natures way.
 The Bluebirds have nested near the garden.  The Mr. is keeping a watchful eye for intruders.  Taken at quite a distance, my camera does not do such a good job...awww.
 The varied Iris have since been transplanted in hopes of color still, this early summer.
 Mosses of the woods near the sand pit, are showing off their new growth for the GrandLoves.  They are so curious.
 Marsh Marigolds or Cowslips, as we called them as kids, are a ray of sunshine in the cool, dark swamp waters.
Did you know you can eat the leaves like lettuce?  We used to love them in a sandwich with mayo and salt., washed of course.
 A piece of green glass, perhaps a bowl or vase at one time, was unearthed while transplanting Rhubarb.  It will be re-purposed in a hypertufa one day soon.
 What to do with these wagon wheels and sprocket off an old caterpillar...garden art or on the wall of the barn?
They used to hang on the lean-to that was blown down by another storm a year ago.  Most of the fence is gone too.
 The GrandLoves making memories in their stick fort at the edge of the cabin woods has become quite the imagination brewer.
 What, I'm upside over?, you say?
 Who says there are no fish in a mudhole~~~as the little ones fish for Mud-Leaf Fish while their Daddy helped load some logs.
 Slow but Sure, spring has kept us busy., so busy that I have barely had time to stop for a break.
The last of the first flowers of the year are fading as the new ones burst forward.  Bring it on.  I'll never be ready to tend all of the gardens but I will enjoy them none the less.
Love what the Lord has gifted us all with.
Do stop by in your busy week and I will try my best to do the same.  Like My Man said the day we were married,
I never promised you a rose garden.  He was wrong.
There have been bumps and curves, but it's been ' real.'
So it goes in every one of our busy lives.

BlessYourHeart

11 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

thanks for sharing your wis. spring!

Cher' Shots said...

Yup, mud puddles and cow slips ~ a sure sign of spring in Wisconsin!
'love & hugs from afar'

Shug said...

Your Spring is on it's way, and our Summer is getting closer each day!
Love this time of year when everywhere we look, there are new things...New buds opening, new flowers, newness of life...
Have a Blessed Sunday.

Gail said...

Great pictures, I'm glad spring has arrived.

Michelle said...

I love the stick fort!

Paula said...

Lots of nice pictures here and interesting things. It is plenty hot here already and we had a storm last night with a little much appreciated rain.

Muffy's Marks said...

Beautiful post, as spring makes its way to your little piece of heaven!!

jack69 said...

You have a beautiful life, rough and tough, but beautiful. Such a lovely area in the summer, sherry would not let me travel there in the winter!
Love to Bill and the Grandloves. I wish i could name the flora and fauna as you do, but I was not raised around it, but I do respect it and your knowledge. I enjoy reading the names and seeing.
Great entry!!
Love from North Carolina flat lands.

imac said...

Its a beautiful time of the year.

quiltmom anna said...

Hi Dar,
Love seeing all the beautiful signs of spring in your neck of the woods.
My grandparents had a pair of wagon wheels that hung at the end of their lane. I knew I had arrived at the farm when I saw those wagon wheels.
Enjoy the spring- I hope all is well with you and yours.
Regards,
Anna

quiltmom anna said...

Hi Dar,
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me such a nice note. I don't have your email address as the address in your response is set to nor reply blogger.
I don't have a long arm quilting machine but I do, do all my own machine quilting on a Babylock quilting machine. The machine is a bit bigger than the standard domestic machine with a bigger space (aperture) in the arm area of the machine. It also has an extended table so that it is easier to quilt. The machine can stitch 1100 stitches a minute and has a walking foot and darning foot. That is all the bells and whistles. I have quilted a king size quilt on it without too much difficulty. All the curves etc I have done free hand with free motion quilting.
My dream machine is a HQ Sweet Sixteen- it does not take up a lot of room which is important , comes with a table that you can extend by just raising a side of the table and you can sit to drive it. I have bad knees so it is important for me to be able to sit to quilt. They are quite expensive(about 5000 dollars here including a table) but not as expensive as many.. We all need to be able to dream...
Thanks for dropping by- your visits always brighten my day.
Hope all is well with you and yours.
Warmest regards,
Anna