About Me

My photo
Within the confines of this blog, you will find bits and pieces of the life and times of myself, my family and friend dear and near., far and wide, few and far between. You will find bits and pieces of my world, tho small to some, but huge to me. You will find everything from 'soup to nuts',; recipes, hobbies,crafts, gardenings,loves of my life, GrandLoves-a-Plenty, and even my pets... Sooo, if you can handle family life, enjoy the tour of my 'Stuffings'.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Chocolate Wins~~~And Garden Dreamin'

Chocolate Wins!

It was not a difficult choice for me.
I love Gingerbread but Dark Chocolate Cake took the prize...
This time.
I love, Love, LOVE Chocolate,
Especially when it comes as a cake,
All wrapped in Silky Peanut Butter Frosting.
For me, it's best with a hot cup of black coffee.
One more bite, oh how sweet.

The weather has taken a leap from the minuses
to the 20's, 26F. above zero at the moment.
Well, that's almost warm enough to think about~~~
Going outside for a long walk.,
Scarf wrapped around my neck for the first 1/2 mile.

Yes, folks, I'm walking again.
One thing I hate about winter up north,
Is, where I walk, there is either ice, deep snow or slush.
On the cold, Cold, COLD days, I walk inside.
No matter, I am bound and determined to stay with it,
This time.

Garden season is already near,
The garden catalogs are coming daily.
Seeds, bulbs, tubers, sets, shrubs, fruit trees, berries,
I am anxious.

Each year, we say we will not add more to our gardens,
But, lo and behold, something in the air grabs us.
We order more than we intended.
We plant and plant and plant.
We harvest and live well.

My Man loves his tractor, he loves to dig.
Maybe he will be putting Garden # 4 in this spring.
We need a patch, just for pumpkins, another for beans.
We all love carrots and squash and peas off the vine.
Hurry, check to see if the first tomato is ripe.

I often wonder,
Just how do people that do not garden,
Even from their window-sill or patio,
Do they really have no choice except to
Buy from the Farmers Market?
At least they are getting better produce and fruit
Than any grocer can offer.

Plant something,
And see what you have been missing.
I have a couple of new seed catalogs to scan.
Most are free, order yourself a few and
Savor the flavor.

BlessYourHearts

11 comments:

Jill said...

Wow! The cake you described sounds yummy! I think I'm drooling! :)

You make me want to garden again.

Cher' Shots said...

We sure inherited Dad's sweet tooth! I love chocolate cake too and with p-nut butter frosting all the better! I received my first seed catalog almost two weeks ago. Onto garden dreaming!
'love & hugs from afar'

jack69 said...

Aaaaaah knock it off with the chocolate already!!!! LOL

Sounds good for you to get out and walk. We are still in shirt sleeve weather to walk doe n to the clear Rainbow river and feed the fish. It is amazing to be able to see the fish fromt he bottom to the top. Throw in a piece and it is like lightening zip. This River is spring fed. enough to fill a 40-50 ft wide river 2-6 feet deep and flow at about 2mph. AMAZING.

Gardening? There are folk who will carry tomato plants, we cannot handle that. We were talking to a couple from Arkansas, they get their tomato plants going down here and take the home and are ahead on the weather.

Great entry, don't over work Bill's Blue baby!

Muffy's Marks said...

I tried a small 4x6 garden, but we have way too much shade. This year I will try my hand at container (I almost said POT)gardening. Then at least I can move them around to find the sunniest spots.

imac said...

Chocolate -ed. lol.
Sounds good going for a walk too.
Take care.

Chatty Crone said...

I am going to do some gardening this year - believe it or not -I don't have too much space - I have hard clay. But I have to think of something. You are right!

sandie

Suz said...

oh I love garden catalogs

Fred Alton said...

We will plant tomatoes again this year. Had bad luck with them year before last so let the ground rest last year. But I do love seeing them grow and gathering and eating them fresh off the vine. I'm thinking about may a small plot here in the back yard ... a row each of watermelons, squash, cantaloupe, okra and corn. Lots of work but oh, so good! C'mon Spring!

Shug said...

One thing that this Fast has done for me, is it has really made me aware of how important it is to grow as much of our food as possible. Too many additives and perservatives in those store bought foods.... I'm gonna try to do a better job at it...Grow all you can!
hugs

Arkansas Patti said...

Totally agree on gardening. The seed catalogues are coming and my do they brighten a dreary day.
I am still eating sweet potatoes from my last year's garden and just harvested the last of my fresh kale. Home grown foods are a thousand times better than store varieties.

Anonymous said...

I've got a stack of seed catalogs sitting here--so anxious for spring!