About Me

My photo
Within the confines of this blog, you will find bits and pieces of the life and times of myself, my family and friend dear and near., far and wide, few and far between. You will find bits and pieces of my world, tho small to some, but huge to me. You will find everything from 'soup to nuts',; recipes, hobbies,crafts, gardenings,loves of my life, GrandLoves-a-Plenty, and even my pets... Sooo, if you can handle family life, enjoy the tour of my 'Stuffings'.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Week Two of VaCaTion


Well Hello There!

Week Two of our vacation was spent mainly at the cabin.
We watched the wildlife,
enjoyed the warmth of a cozy fire
and
candlelight~
we played cribbage after every meal~
loved the rustle of the leaves while
bringing in the firewood for the potbelly stove,
we sat quietly on the deck after dark,
listening to the creek ramble on~
and the owl~
R&R included reading,
pencil play~
journaling and crochet~
riding side-saddle on the tractor~
to
ready the hunting tent for this falls bow hunt~

We enjoyed the giggles and clowning of 4 of our
GrandLoves, and their friends~
as they and their Dad's visited over the weekend.
It was the end of a relaxing week at the cabin~
as we sat around the campfire and
dreamed of the Next trip to the cabin.

Hope you all had a wonderful week.
and
BlessYourHearts

12 comments:

jack69 said...

Oh you make it sound so relaxing. Bill sure looks comfortable sitting there reading. AND I love the pencil work, you are such an artist. Of course that shows all around the cabin (and your home). It is so wonderful you guys have the cabin (that you worked so hard on) to use as an escape and also a hunting lodge.
Thanks for the re-visit and your vacation report.
Love from Florida
Sherry &Jack

imac said...

And a good time was had by all.
Reminds me of the Scouts -
Ging gang gooly gooly ging gand goo.
lol.

Helen said...

Sounds like a great vacation. Loved the pencil are work. Helen

Clint said...

Sounds very restful and refreshing. I think vacations are so necessary in today's stressful environment. I can't understand why many folks just don't ever go on vacation...

Betsy Banks Adams said...

That was a 'Stay-cation' since you stayed close to home. BUT--with a cabin like yours, where else would one want to go????? That's the best kind of vacation ---quiet, reading, relaxing, games, art/crafts, etc.... Sounds incredible.
Hugs,
Betsy

Shug said...

What fun! This is truly a vacation. Relaxing and not being rushed with this fast paced life..I think I would love a week like this! So glad you all enjoyed and glad you are sharing it with us..
Hugs,
shug

Ruta said...

Sounds like heaven!

Paula said...

Glad you all had such a wonderful time. We had a nice time listening to the rain. We're so thankful. Hope it keeps coming now.

Kellie said...

Now that is my idea of a vacation! Looks like a wonderful time !

Anonymous said...

This is definitely my idea of a great vacation.

Anonymous said...

Your kind of weekend fun is my kind of weekend fun!

Darla said...

Ah yes, what a great time!